ICS is one of the UK’s leading healthcare staffing providers. Our aim, which underpins everything we do, is to be the first choice for health, life sciences and social care professionals and providers.
Our recent achievements have seen us outperform our main competitors with strong growth across each of our markets.
We have an exciting opportunity based within our Application Testing team for an experienced Test Analyst to join us. This role is based at our Birmingham City Centre Offices, working in a small, friendly, talented and supportive agile team. The culture is communicative, collaborative and passionate, with a team who are dedicated to what they do!
We are working on some interesting and exciting projects, with more to come in the pipeline. We have plenty of opportunities within the company both to advance your career and move across our different brands in the company.
Within this role you will be
- Working in an Agile/DevOps environment, e.g. story-based development, design workshops, daily stand-ups, regular demos, retrospectives, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI).
- Performing a good understanding of non-functional testing including performance and load testing, and technologies to support this.
- Designing tests either alone or as part of a team.
- Identifiying and resolving errors; take ownership and accountability of issues.
- Utilising analytical skills and being effective.
- You will need to have a flexible approach to work and be comfortable with context switching and changing priorities.
- Planning and prioritising work to ensure the team meets their goals.
- Ensuring close liaison between the developers and the entire team as features are developed and tested throughout the life cycle.
Experience and skills we are looking for from you
Experience in Agile/DevOps environment working as a Test Analyst implementing new software.
Experience of Automaton.
Experience of developing and executing test cases.
Experience of API, web and mobile device (IOS, Android) testing.
Experience of working in an iterative, fast paced development environment.
Must be able to demonstrate a collaborative approach with the whole project team.
Exposure to Microsoft VSTS, Microsoft Teams (nice to have).
Ability to work autonomously and as part of the scrum team.
Understanding of the software development life cycle.
Understanding of Release and Test cycles.
Personal Qualities we are looking for
An interest in technology and tooling.
A challenging and enquiring mind with a willingness to learn and embrace change.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Good analytical skills; to be able to demonstrate the ability to drill into requirements.
A structured approach to tasks with an eye for detail.
An interest in keeping up with latest developments and identify new tools and techniques that may be of use to the team.
The role is full time, permanent working Monday to Friday -37.5 hours per week.
What we can offer you
In exchange for your hard work we can offer you a competitive salary, excellent benefits including 25 days holiday and a fantastic team atmosphere. Our commitment to employee development through training, personal development plans, professional qualification support and career progression, has resulted in excellent retention levels. If you are looking for a role where you are a valued member of a key business function, where you can push your career forward in a company that continues to grow year on year, then contact us now with your current CV to apply.
The ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer.