Faber is a technology business created to develop innovative on-demand, mobile-first, cloud-first solutions. Founded by experienced technology leaders, Faber offers an exciting opportunity to help establish new development practices using the latest development techniques, tools and cloud technologies.
Faber is part of ICS, an established and thriving UK group with more than 1,600 staff. ICS is the parent company to a number of leading brands in the healthcare and life science staffing sectors and has been growing rapidly on the last 5 years. ICS has identified an opportunity to create and fund a new technology business to lead the on-demand revolution in staffing.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Delivery Manager to join our team based within our Birmingham City Offices.
You will be involved and part of a team who are in the process of creating a widely customisable HR platform for the healthcare sector with the aim to revolutionise the way temporary staffing and rostering are managed. Building on a platform that uses a series of micro services on a Java Spring framework within a Kubernetes cluster in the cloud.
We are also developing web applications and mobile apps using platform agnostic solutions. It is an existing and maturing product with great potential to become the principal platform across various divisions and as a SaaS to be sold externally.
We are a small and enthusiastic Agile team located in a single office that contains the entire software development team. We adopt a casual yet hard-working ethos that means; we are focussed on delivery but still able to make time to eat out together or jump on a games console while our creative batteries are recharging.
Responsibilities of this role involve
- Accountable for managing the delivery of the agreed roadmap and planned releases, and reporting on progress and status of these to all pertinent stakeholders.
- Although you will have no line management responsibility, you will be involved in building and maintaining a motivated team,managing multiple work streams using an incremental release Agile-based approach.
- Ensuring the team remains focussed on priority items and facilitate collaboration and communication to deliver.
- Coach team members and others as necessary, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile tools and techniques for their environment.
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints.
- Manage risks, budgets and people both within the team and in communication with external partners and other divisions across the company.
- Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, alongside measuring and evaluating outcomes.
- Facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace and tempo. Actively addressing internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
- Understanding the environment, prioritising the most important or highest value tasks.
- Manage complex internal and external dependencies. remove blockers or impediments that affect the plan, developing a plan for difficult situations.
What we are looking for from the successful candidate
- Previous experience as a Delivery Manager within an agile environment is essential
- Knowledge of JIRA is essential
- Excellent communication skills are required for this role in order to meet the needs of technical and business stakeholders,managing stakeholders expectations. You will need to be proactive and reactive where required.
- Good leadership skills, although you will not have any line management responsibility you will be heavily involved in driving the team to meet outcomes, keeping them motivated and coaching/mentoring when required.
- Ability to prioritise your workload is key for this role.
- Experience in managing risks, budgets and reporting to internal and external stakeholders
The role is a full time, permanent position and 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
What we can offer you
In exchange for your hard work we can offer you a competitive salary, annual bonus, excellent benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension scheme where we match your contribution up to 5%. Our commitment to employee development through training, personal development plans, professional qualification support and career progression, has resulted in excellent retention levels. If you are looking for a role where you are a valued member of a key business function, where you can push your career forward in a company that continues to grow year on year, then contact us now with your current CV to apply.
The ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer.