Faber is a technology business created to develop innovative on-demand, mobile-first, cloud-first solutions. Founded by experienced technology leaders, Faber offers an exciting opportunity to help establish new development practices using the latest development techniques, tools and cloud technologies.
Faber is part of ICS, an established and thriving UK group with more than 1,600 staff. ICS is the parent company to a number of leading brands in the healthcare and life science staffing sectors and has been growing rapidly on the last 5 years. ICS has identified an opportunity to create and fund a new technology business to lead the on-demand revolution in staffing.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Senior Software Developer to join our growing and enthusiastic team based within our Birmingham City Centre Offices.
We are creating a widely customisable back-end solution for the healthcare sector that has been architected as a series of micro services using Java Spring framework and operating in a Kubernetes cluster in the cloud using Mongo Atlas. The platform communicates with various in-house developed client applications through REST APIs; web app but mobile first.
Responsibilities of this role involve
- Working in the back-end team to implement the assigned development tasks.
- Reporting to the Lead Developer taking responsibility for the code and implementation quality.
- Ensuring the code is developed in accordance the best practice and company standards.
- Responsibility that the implementation meets the requirements in terms of test coverage, volume and performance SLAs.
- Supporting and mentoring the other developers to ensure the team deliver effectively.
- Attending relevant IT seminars and conferences so as to keep up-to-date with the emerging technologies and best practices.
What we are looking for from the successful candidate
- Previous commercial developer experience in a software development environment
- Experience working to an Agile methodology using JIRA
- Proven software development experience with Java using OO design patterns
- Experience implementing distributed services in Spring Framework
- Thorough knowledge of XML, JSON, Web services (SOAP, REST) and supporting Java frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of test frameworks and code coverage analysis tools like JUnit and Sonar
- Excellent knowledge of Maven and repository management
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Extensive experience working with relational and NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL and MongoDB
Understanding and experience of the following technologies would be an advantage for this role - DevOps experience, Vertx, RxJava,BDD, Kubernetes with Helm, gRPC
The role is a full time, permanent position and 37.5 hours per week. We are flexible on start and finish times operating between the hours of 7.30am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
In exchange for your hard work we can offer you a competitive salary, excellent benefits including 25 days holiday and a fantastic team atmosphere. Our commitment to employee development through training, personal development plans, professional qualification support and career progression, has resulted in excellent retention levels. If you are looking for a role where you are a valued member of a key business function, where you can push your career forward in a company that continues to grow year on year, then contact us now with your current CV to apply.
The ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer.