ICS is one of the UK’s leading healthcare staffing providers. Our aim, which underpins everything we do, is to be the first choice for health, life sciences and social care professionals and clients. Our recent achievements have seen us outperform our main competitors with strong growth across each of our markets.
About the opportunity
Based within our Finance Team we have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Payroll and Billings Manager to join us based within our Hertfordshire offices.
Reporting into the Group Payroll Manager and working with the Group Finance Director your role will involve creating a high performing payroll function for the our brand. Key measures of success will include:
- Delivering an exceptional level of customer service to our candidates and internal staff
- Creating a high degree of employee engagement within the Payroll team
- Accurate and prompt payment of candidates with high quality billing
- Ensure time to bill opportunity is maximized to improve the company’s working capital position
Key responsibilities for this role will include
- Working with our payroll teams to ensure delivery of excellent customer service
- Workng with our teams to ensure there is a high level of employee engagement
- Monitoring and supporting teams, providing feedback to make improvements where required
- Managing timesheet input team to ensure that we are maximizing the investment from a timesheet input perspective enabling resources to be diverted towards improving customer improvement
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all associate worker time sheets in line with weekly payroll runs
- Responsible for resolving associate worker, consultant and client queries in a timely, accurate and courteous manner.
- Ensuring payemnts are prompt and accurate, delivering high quality billing
- Adopting new technologies to ensure that we can leverage efficiencies for both fast and accurate payment to candidates and reducing overall cost of delivery
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all starters, leavers and payroll adjustments, including court orders, tax credits, SMP, SSP, pension contributions, expenses and other sundry items.
- Work with Group Payroll Manager and Group Business Process Manager to identify and action areas where we can improve time to bill
- Responsible for the accurate and timely production of all payroll data, returns and reporting both internally and externally
What we are looking for
- Previous experience of working within a Payroll/Billing function
- Ideally must have worked within the Recruitment sector or similar
- Proven experience in implementing new ideas and ensuring any changes are managed effectively
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well as part of team
What we can offer you
In exchange for your hard work we can offer you a competitive salary, excellent benefits which include 25 days annual leave + bank holidays which increase with years of service, company pension scheme where we match your contribution up to 5% plus many more excellent benefits.
The ICS Group is widely recognised as a great employer, repeatedly appearing in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our commitment to employee development through training, personal development plans, professional qualification support and career progression, has resulted in excellent retention levels. If you are looking for a role where you are a valued member of a key business function, where you can push your career forward in a company that continues to grow year on year, then contact us now with your current CV to apply.
The ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer